Lighting control in the Smart Home system
05 August 2021
Many people are interested in the “Smart Home” system today. It is a modern technology that allows you to effectively and with maximum convenience control all functional communication networks and other devices in a certain radius. Both a computer and a smartphone can be used to control the system, and in the latter case it is especially convenient to control the processes.
It is difficult to overestimate the advantages of the “Smart Home” system:
- Different devices make up a single network, and this means that their interaction will never be disrupted.
- With the help of a “Smart home”, it is easy and convenient to manage both lighting and various engineering networks.
- Safe operation of household appliances is guaranteed.
In such conditions, the owner of a house or apartment is spared the need to constantly think about many little things, because a large number of everyday operations are performed by a technician, it is enough just to give voice commands or press buttons on the remote control.
Such principles of functioning favorably distinguish the Smart Home system from many other ways of organizing living space. It enjoys a well-deserved reputation as the most progressive method of human interaction with the technology that makes up the living space. Special software allows you to track and control all the actions performed, and human participation is not required, everything is done automatically, you just need to press the corresponding button on the remote control or give a voice command.
Lighting control is one of the most popular functions of the Smart Home system. It is especially popular among the owners of multi-storey cottages. Usually in such houses you have to climb the stairs to turn off the lights on all floors, and if you have this function, you can do it from anywhere in the house by pressing the button on the remote control, you do not need to go anywhere.
You can control the lighting in the house in different ways by setting different scenarios:
- The “Dinner” scenario: the lights are turned off in the entire house, except for the kitchen or living room, where the whole family is going to have dinner in the evening, all currently unnecessary devices in other rooms are de-energized.
- The “Guests” scenario: the lighting is turned on throughout the house, and the owners do not have to show the guests where each switch is located.
- Emphasizing some interior details with the help of light and hiding others in the semi-darkness, you can vary the design of the premises.
- The light in the corridor turns on automatically when entering the house, there is no need to look for a switch in the dark.
The home owner can also set up other scenarios depending on the needs of his family. This not only provides maximum convenience, but also allows you to save electricity. For example, using the system, you can track when its consumption reaches a maximum, and dim the lights by 10% at this time. The difference in the degree of illumination will be invisible to the eye, and the savings will be very significant.
Leave a request for the design and installation of a smart home system right now and control your home
remotely with one click